Key achievements and challenges across CSL’s six corporate responsibility priority areas for the period 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015 include:
- Successful acquisition of the Novartis influenza vaccine business to form Seqirus – the world’s second largest influenza vaccine company;
- Economic contribution direct to local economies of US$5 billion, including global community investment of US$28.4 million to patient, biomedical and local communities;
- Research and Development investment of US$463 million; with 35 clinical studies in operation across its pipeline. Achieved 14 product registrations or new indications for serious diseases in various markets;
- 237 GMP regulatory audits of its manufacturing facilities and plasma collection centres with no impact on CSL’s product marketing licences. Across its extensive portfolio of products, CSL responded to three safety related product recalls in the reporting period;
- A global workforce of 14,874 employees as of 30 June 2015, representing a 10% increase on the previous year. This increase follows two consecutive years of 7% increases per annum. Health and safety performance saw lost time due to injury (LTIFR), days lost (DLFR) and serious injury/illness (SIIFR) reduce by 47%, 37% and 54% respectively, while the medical treatment incident rate (MTIFR) increased by 8%; and
- Across its global operations, CSL maintained compliance with all environmental laws and regulations. With an expanding facility footprint, CSL experienced increases in absolute numbers across environmental indicators. Following an enterprise-wide climate change risk assessment, CSL concluded it was not exposed to climate change risks that have a potential to generate a substantive change in its business operations.
CSL (ASX:CSL) is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovations, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives using the latest technologies. Today, CSL — including our two businesses CSL Behring and Seqirus — operates in over 30 countries with more than 14,000 employees. Our unique combination of commercial strength, R&D focus and operational excellence enables us to identify, develop and deliver innovations so our patients can live life to the fullest.
Please visit the report website for full details of CSL’s performance and to provide feedback.