Dexus has released its integrated 2020 Annual Report and its comprehensive 2020 Sustainability Report, which describe how the business has delivered sustained value through application of the Dexus Sustainability Approach. The reporting provides the background as to why Dexus was recognised as a global leader in sustainability during the year by key investor benchmarks including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark, CDP Climate Change, and the Principles for Responsible Investment.
Dexus is an Australian real estate group that manages a high quality $32 billion property portfolio, held directly by Dexus (ASX: DXS) or by Dexus-managed unlisted property funds. In a year defined by the Australian bushfire crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic, Dexus continued to address its material environmental, social and governance issues, which has positioned the business for the recovery.
During the year, Dexus progressed toward its net zero emissions by 2030 target through enhancing the energy efficiency of its portfolio, commencing its renewable energy supply agreement and, as a signatory to RE100, committing to source 100% renewable energy by 2030.
The 2020 Annual Reporting Suite provides further detail on how Dexus continues to create value across the objectives of its sustainability approach:
- 50.3 cents Distribution per security (in line with 2019)
- 50.3 cents Adjusted Funds from Operations per security
- 9.0% Return on contributed equity
- 96.5% Dexus office portfolio occupancy
- $1.5 billion Gross value added to the Australian economy
- 9,227 Construction jobs supported
- $10.6 billion Group development pipeline
- +61 Employee Net Promoter Score
- 36% Females in senior and executive management roles
- 100% Safety audit score across Dexus workspaces
Future Enabled Customers and Strong Communities
- +50 Customer Net Promoter Score
- >$1.1 million Value of community contribution
- >2,000 Supplier partnerships
- 1,053,157 square metres of office space rated at minimum 5 star NABERS Energy
- 1,058,585 square metres of office space rated at minimum 4 star NABERS Water
- 50.1% reduction in group office emissions intensity since 2008
- >$164 million saved through enhanced portfolio energy efficiency since 2008
Dexus’s Annual Reporting Suite is aligned with the International Integrated Reporting Council <IR> Framework and the Global Reporting Initiative GRI Standards, and is available for download from the Dexus website. Dexus welcomes feedback from stakeholders on its approaches to sustainability and integrated reporting.
Senior Manager, Investor Relations
+61 2 9017 1368
+61 427 706 994
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
+61 2 9017 1446
+61 403 260 754