FedEx is committed to using its size, scale and network to multiply positive outcomes for businesses, people and communities around the world. The 2018 Global Citizenship Report tracks these efforts across three areas: Economy, Environment and People. Highlights from the report include:
ECONOMY: Multiplying Growth
The FedEx network spans across six continents, enabling economic growth and social progress for individuals, communities and businesses both large and small. In FY17, FedEx:
- Spent $9.1 billion with diverse suppliers, 9 percent of which are women-owned businesses;
- Provided $21.54 billion in salaries and team member benefits; and
- Invested $55.45 million in corporate charitable contributions.
ENVIRONMENT: Multiplying Efficiencies
FedEx connects the world responsibly and resourcefully by continually seeking new ways to improve performance, lower costs and deliver more with fewer resources and environmental impacts. In FY17, FedEx:
- Avoided more than 2.3 million metric tons of CO2e throughout operations, helping to reduce total emissions intensity by 13.4 percent from FY16;
- Saved almost 177.3 million gallons of jet fuel and more than 44.5 million gallons of vehicle fuel;
- Generated more than 30.5 million kWh of clean energy through solar and fuel cell technologies;
- Added 292 electric vehicles to our fleet and announced plans to order 20 Tesla Semi fully-electric trucks; and
- Collaborated with Boeing to test more than 35 technologies aboard the ecoDemonstrator, which became the first aircraft to fly using 100 percent biofuel.
PEOPLE: Multiplying Potential
More than 425,000 team members around the world embody the can-do spirit that has made FedEx one of the most admired and reputable companies in the world. In return, FedEx is committed to fostering a safe, inclusive and rewarding workplace environment. In FY17, FedEx:
- Committed to more than $200 million in increased compensation, as well as a voluntary contribution of $1.5 billion to the FedEx pension plan following the recent U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act;
- Provided $12.7 million in tuition assistance; and
- Fostered a culture of volunteerism, with 21,650 FedEx volunteers from more than 500 communities serving a total of 111,200 hours.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $64 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 425,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. To learn more about how FedEx connects people and possibilities around the world, please visit about.fedex.com.
Follow FedEx at: Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Twitter
FedEx Global Media