The FedEx 2016 Global Citizenship Report, "Deliver It Forward," is now available at csr.fedex.com. The report, in its eighth year of publication, highlights the FedEx commitment to connecting the world responsibly and resourcefully, and tracks goals and progress across three aspects of citizenship: economy, environment and people. Highlights from the report include:
FedEx connects more than 99 percent of global GDP. The company has a unique opportunity to deliver positive impact around the world, empowering individuals, communities and businesses large and small.
- Spent $6.7 billion with diverse, minority, women-owned and other small business suppliers.
- Invested more than $53 million in community programs, collaborating with NGOs and nonprofits to support disaster relief and resilience, job opportunities for underserved youth, entrepreneurship and safer, more sustainable communities.
- Committed to invest $200 million in 200+ communities by 2020 by expanding FedEx Cares programs.
- Hosted 50 training events and supported 8,400 participants to help small business owners expand globally through the FedEx® Small Business Center and FedEx Know and Grow program.
From upgrading its air and ground fleets to pioneering jet biofuel and empowering team members through programs like FedEx Fuel Sense and EarthSmart, FedEx delivers industry-leading innovation to reduce its environmental impact.
- Surpassed, five years early, the FedEx Express goal to increase vehicle fuel efficiency by 30 percent by 2020.
- Acted on its commitment to obtain 30 percent of jet fuel from alternative sources by 2030, signing an agreement with Red Rock Biofuels to purchase alternative jet fuel made from wood waste starting in 2017.
- Saved almost 120 million gallons of jet fuel through operational efficiencies and fleet upgrades, avoiding almost 1.15 million metric tons of CO2e emissions. Since 2007, FedEx Fuel Sense alone has saved more than $1 billion worth of jet fuel.
- Increased rail usage at FedEx Freight by 10.4 percent, saving more than 20 million gallons of diesel and avoiding more than 207,000 metric tons of CO2e emissions.
- Installed lighting upgrades at 244 facilities, saving more than 203 million kWh of energy over the year and avoiding more than 140,000 metric tons of CO2e emissions.
- Brought five new on-site solar energy systems online, bringing the total to 15, and increasing on-site energy generation capacity by 5.5 MW.
FedEx team members connect every day with customers and communities worldwide. FedEx fosters a diverse, safety-first culture where team members receive the support, development and opportunity they need to deliver exceptional service and give back to communities across the globe.
- Improved cross-operating company Lost Time Injury Rate by 4 percent while reducing the Preventable Recordable Vehicle Accident Rate by almost 6 percent — progress driven by the FedEx Safety Above All culture.
- Globally, 22 percent of managers are women, an 8 percent increase from FY14.
- Supported 15,822 team members who volunteered 69,065 hours in more than 500 cities during FedEx Cares Week.
- Reached a cumulative total of more than 13 million children in 10 countries through a 16-year collaboration with Safe Kids, providing safety training, education programs and safety upgrades to school zones.
- Delivered over 6 million doses of medicine as well as hospital tents, wheelchairs and birthing centers to aid victims of the Nepal earthquake through Direct Relief.
This report references the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 framework.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $49 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world's most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 340,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.