ABOUT THIS REPORT
The new company, simple, agile and dynamic committed to sustainability, publishes its corporate responsibility report and focuses on its most vulnerable clients.
Naturgy is a multinational group and a leader in the energy sector, a pioneer in integrating gas and electricity with a balanced mix of businesses which supply gas and electricity to almost 18 million clients and operations in more than 30 countries.
Its international presence gives it an excellent position to capture growth in new economically developing regions, making it into one of the biggest operators in the world.
Some of its main achievements in 2017:
- Consolidation of a generation mix based on gas and renewables, with an important investment in wind and solar generation over the coming years.
- Taking the lead in the Gas Utilities sector in the DJSI and inclusion in the main sustainability indices (FTSE4GOOD, EuronextVigeo, MSCI, Sustainalytics and Oekom).
- Leadership in overall satisfaction among customers in Spain.
- Issuance of a green bonus to finance renewable energy projects amounting to 80 billion euros, which matures in May 2025 with an annual coupon rate of 0.875%.
- Sustainable funding through a 300-million-euro loan partially indexed to the company’s environmental, social and corporate governance behaviour as scored by the Sustainalytics rating agency.
- Development of a company-wide Sustainability Plan supervised by the Board of Directors, which contains 178 actions targeting all areas of the company.
- Adoption of the recommendations of the Financial Stability Board Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, with the aim of making progress in integrating climate change based on the real needs of investors and improving the estimation of risks related to climate change.
- 20% increase in prevented emissions in comparison with 2016.
- 23% reduction in NOx emissions in coal plants in comparison with 2016, along with a 4% increase in production.
- 12% increase in investment in training per employee in comparison with the previous year.
- 24% reduction in the accident frequency rate and a 31% reduction in lost time accidents in comparison with 2016.
- 43% decrease in the accident frequency and lost time accident indices among contractors and subcontractors in comparison with 2016.
- Around 91% of the procurement budget goes to local suppliers.
- More than 48% of suppliers have been specifically evaluated in ESG.
- Around 32,000 vulnerable customers protected through the Vulnerability Plan, based on agreements with public bodies.
- Corporate energy volunteering programme, with more than 400 employees taking part in an energy school which has helped train around 1,300 people on energy training, streamlining their bills and saving habits.
- More than 51,000 students involved in the Foundation’s educational activities.
For more information about the actions taken and our sustainability achievements, you can see the 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report.
Javier Fernández Oña
Reputation & Sustainability
Naturgy, the New Brand for Gas Natural Fenosa
Sign up to receive report announcements in your inbox