April 22, 2019 — Connecticut Water Service, Inc., today announced the availability of the company’s updated 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report (CSR). The update demonstrates the company’s progress and milestones in achieving its environmental and social goals.
David C. Benoit, president and CEO of Connecticut Water, stated, “This report highlights our achievements in conducting our business operations in a manner that respects the natural environment and values service to customers, communities, employees, and shareholders. It’s a testament to our team of dedicated employees and our culture of service.”
Among the highlights in the 2018 report:
- Partnership with the Coastal Mountains Land Trust to preserve approximately 1,400 acres of watershed land in Camden and Rockland, Maine, for open space and recreation.
- Nearly 3,000 third-graders taught by Connecticut and Maine employee volunteer “teachers” through the Water Drop Watchers program, which was launched to raise awareness of water conservation and protection.
- Leak detection efforts saved more than 240 million gallons of treated drinking water since 2016 by finding and repairing underground leaks.
- Assistance to those in need in the community.
- Increased fleet efficiency with fewer miles driven per customer served each year since 2015.
The report is available to view online and download at www.ctwater.com, www.mainewater.com, www.avonwater.com, and www.heritagevillagewater.com.
About Connecticut Water Service, Inc.
Connecticut Water, through its regulated subsidiaries, Connecticut Water Company, Maine Water Company, Avon Water Company, and Heritage Village Water Company, serves more than 136,000 water customers, or more than 425,000 people in 80 communities across Connecticut and Maine, and more than 3,000 wastewater customers in Southbury, Connecticut.
Connecticut Water Service, Inc., is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol CTWS.
Daniel J. Meaney, APR
Director of Public Affairs and Corporate Communications
Connecticut Water Service, Inc.